Power Lock Brand X API 6D Expanding Gate Valve
Power Lock is engineered for critical isolation applications where a tight mechanical seal is required to ensure against pressure variation and vibration. The Power Lock expanding gate design creates a mechanical locking seal with the seats to ensure a tight and reliable seal everytime. The robust design ensures reliable performance and long life in the harshest environments of ﬂuid, gas, steam, and critical services up to 1000° F (538° C).
Features and Benefits:
- 100% Made in the USA – ensuring the finest quality from casting to finish
- Designed and built to API 6D quality standards
- Fire Safe API 6FA Design
- Pressure drop is no greater than the through equal length of same pipe diameter
- Seats are protected from media flow stream
- Mechanical seal between gate and seats
- In the closed position, the valve creates a tight mechanical seal on both seats. At this point the body cavity can be bled (Block and Bleed).
- Ideal for installations in liquid pipeline mainlines, pump stations, manifolds, underground storage caverns, water flood, and wellhead applications.
- In-line repairable
Components and Testing:
- Material Selection – per NACE MR0175
- Body – Cast Carbon Steel ASTM A216 WCC/LCC
- Stem Sealing – V-Ring Stem Seals with Injectable Packing
- Gate and Seats – 3 mil Electroless Nickel Plating
- Testing – per API 6D, Gas and Hydrostatic